Sunday, March 28, 2010

Living for the Weekend


Well I'm done writing about my book for now...so I guess I'll get personal? Basically all my life I've been living for the weekend, or any other fun events to come. Whenever I'm loaded with homework, I'm always ready to press fast forward and dive into the weekend. I was just sitting here thinking about how I wish that this week could be over so that Spring Break could arrive more quickly. But what if we really could fast-forward through the things that were less fun for us? Would that just be all jolly and fun, or would it be a major problem? Come to think of it, that would mean that I would probably be skipping through some major life-changing experiences. So maybe it isn't good to look so far ahead all the time. Rough times usually just make you stronger. All of those times when I'm loaded with homework, maybe it's best that I stop trying to look past the present. I started thinking about how much time in my life I'd be throwing away if I always just fast-forwarded through everything that was painful or seemingly superfluous. Every second of your life makes you exactly who you are today, so I say, live every moment of your life in the present, no matter how hard it is. Then maybe later when you're soaking up the Sun in Florida on Spring Break, victory will taste even sweeter knowing that you've made it past the obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment