Sunday, April 18, 2010

Break Away


Personality Plus tells us that we fit into certain personality types based on certain traits that we share with people of the same personality type. Are we destined to fit into the personality type that matches us from birth, or do our choices and influences lead us in that direction? I had done so much pondering, concerning the part of the book I had read, yet there was still so much more to be contemplated. Do we choose whether we're optimistic or pessimistic, or are just made that way?

I believe that our choices are the things that make us positive or negative people. We can choose to either look at things with a glass half full, or half empty. However, I think Personality Plus places people into personality categories based on how prone they are to make certain decisions. For example, perfect melancholies are more prone to collapsing to pessimism, while popular sanguines are more prone to looking at the bright side. Therefore, the choices we make define our personality type. Consequently, we can choose who we are. Maybe I'll always be a perfect melancholy, and I'll always need an outlet for my emotions, but I can eliminate some of my weaknesses, in order to be a better me.

Each personality type is uniquely defined by certain advantages and certain flaws. Nobody can be perfect, but we can all strive be our best. Every characteristic of our respective personality types isn't set in stone. I believe we can all try to eliminate the flaws that are symptomatic to our personalities. By doing this, we won't be changing our personality type, according to the standards of Personality Plus, but we will be improving ourselves. If I try to be optimistic, it won't kill me, even though my personality type defines me as pessimistic. We'll always be the same at heart, but what matters is how hard we try to make ourselves better, both for the ones whom we love, and for the ones who love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment