Friday, May 7, 2010

Leave an Impact



















I suppose I've been entering one personal entry a week, so I might as well continue the trend.

I didn't know Aaron Kee, but during this school week, I noticed how important he was to the students at Homestead. I heard all of the kids who talked about Aaron on the announcements, and I realized that Aaron Kee had a powerful impact on the lives of many different people. He touched people in a number of ways, all positive. I talked to a few people about his passing, and they mentioned how his hugs could always make them feel better, or about how his smile could always brighten their day.

After thinking about this for a while, and praying for his family and friends to whom he meant so much, I started to think about death in general. Next year is our year for the senior curse. We're all hoping that we can break the curse, but I started to really think about the possibility of one of my close friends dying, or even me dying. Have I affected the lives of others in a positive way? Have I left the impact that Aaron Kee left before he passed? If i died, would I be remembered?

This actually served as a form of motivation for me. Death is inevitable. Nobody can beat death, and nobody has the right to choose when someone dies, so it could happen at any time. Nobody is invincible. Consequently, I decided to make it my goal to benefit as many people as I could. Then, when it's my time, I can die happy, knowing that I won't be simply forgotten. If I have the opportunity to help someone, I'll always try to do just that. When I'm being pressured to make fun of someone, or to hurt someone else's feelings, I'll always do my best to resist peer pressure, in order to resist hurting others. Aaron Kee made himself memorable. While he was alive he brightened people's days, and comforted people who were upset.

We should all be motivated by Aaron Kee; motivated to live each day as a new chance to touch the lives of others. Every day is another opportunity for us to leave our mark on this Earth. Every day of our lives should be a legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment